Google

Monday 12 March 2007

Fireworks and Commonsense

Yesterday afternoon, I was sitting with friends in a café. The Addis Ababa Stadium was in full site and it looked like there was some kind of procession going on (it was the Ethiopian Sports Meet – we later learnt). We were chatting and suddenly one of us shouted ‘fireworks, fireworks!’ We thought it was on the giant LCD screen in the Meskel Square. No, it was not. It was being detonated from the inside of the Addis Ababa Stadium. It didn’t look accidental because it was repeated for some time.

Hey guys, I thought fireworks were meant to be ‘fired’ in the dark. Correct me if I’m wrong. If it were feasible, I would love to do a research whether yesterday’s firework was the first to be [not accidentally] fired during the day (when the Sun was at its brightest). Or if any one of you would like to help, leave your comments.

Does the generation lack commonsense? Or is it an Ethiopian phenomenon?

No comments: